There’s an amazing advantage if you contact us by phone – speed!
Thanks so much for visiting our site, home of the PH.D. San Diego Organic Chemistry Tutor. We’re looking forward to having you contact us! For the quickest possible response, please phone us [toll free] at (888) 598-5450. A telephone call has the advantage of not having to exchange multiple emails to provide you with the personal information you need, in addition to scheduling appointments in real time. Whenever you can, please contact us by phone.
Alternatively, please complete the form below to contact us, and click the “Submit” button. We’ll be happy to get back to you as soon as possible. Please indicate the best time of day for us to phone you.
Our address for written correspondence is 3974 Sorrento Valley Blvd., Suite 910678, San Diego, CA 92191.
Organic Chemistry Tips:
- Know the Lewis structures for the various functional groups; this is greatly facilitated through the making of “compound cards” for each and every functional group.
- Understand how to deduce the oxidation states of carbon to determine if an oxidation or reduction is taking place.
- Know the structures of all reagents, especially those normally designated by acronyms, LAH, PCC, NBS, etc.
- Realize that 95% of Organic Chemistry is rationalized as a nucleophile (Nu) going after an electrophile (E).
- Learn this simple rule: Nucleophiles do not react with nucleophiles; electrophiles do not react with electrophiles.
- Be able to identify the most nucleophilic center in any Nu, and the most electrophilic center in any E.
- Know that Organic Chemistry is all about pushing electrons, absolutely nothing else, just pushing electrons.
- Understand that whenever the opportunity presents itself, a carbocation will rearrange to yield the most thermodynamically stable carbocation, always!
- Realize the outcome of organic reactions can be understood either through steric effects or electronic effects. That’s all there is!
These are less than 1% of the helpful tips we give our students. Should you be interested in more, then please contact us.
Copyright 2012-2022 Lennox Organic Chemistry Tutoring, The Physical & Life Sciences PH.D. Tutors™, PH.D. San Diego Organic Chemistry Tutor. All rights reserved.